Monday, April 11, 2011

First post disappeared.. Lets try it again

I spent an hour of my life writing my first blog entry only to delete is accidentally so I am going to attempt this again. Basically I introduced my kids (Brielle-7, Kaden-3, Rylee-2, Jaxon-3 months) and my niece Kaylee (7 months) I wont go thru all that again.. Instead I will talk about the purpose of my blog and what I hope to get out of it (and put into it) Firstly- I have been told by tons of people I should blog. Not only does Facebook have all these new ridiculous rules for business pages about no freebies/giveaways but maybe people care what I have to say??? I am going to give this some time.. See how/if this takes off, and see if I can fit it into my already crazy schedule balancing being a wife, Mom, and boutique owner with TONS to do already. Doodlebug started about 5 years ago in my apartment in Baton Rouge, LA. Basically my daughter was 3 at the time and I wanted bows to match EVERYTHING she owned and I was not paying $12 for one bow at the local boutique. So I taught myself to make some.. Got a plastic storage box for my ribbon- and starting making and selling on Ebay. When I moved to Slidell (the place I currently live) I named Doodlebug and worked my behind off spreading my name and learning how to do new things. There have been a ton of mistakes made, friends made and lost, and lessons learned. I don't think I would trade any of it. I have had MANY people copy my work, message and try to steal my customers, use things I asked them not to use to better themselves, etc. While this hurts- I guess it it a part of business- and I HATE that part. But I saw people for who they really were and became a better person through it all. This blog is STARTING off as a way for my customers to get some insight into the life of a crazy work at home mom. Maybe it will turn into something else.. No expectations, please :) For those of you who asked me to start this- I promise to try for a while.. You never know until you try :) I am sure I will post about Doodlebug as well ad my personal life so all my friends and family might get a laugh or two. ** Doodlebugs (like the name???) this will be where my giveaways will be posted..So follow the blog now so you can get in later.. I PLAN to have one this week!! Let me get back to life-woke up on this glorius Monday with a flat tire and broken a/c unit.. Too bad I can't pay the people who will be fixing these things in flower clips and dresses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment